Tuesday, March 23, 2010

LG's Field Trip

Before Spring Break, LG had a class field trip to another firestation.  I assumed this one would be similar in not identical to the Cub Scout one, just more interesting as we were herding a bunch of 4 year olds.

But actually it turned out to be really cool.  They first took us into their dorms room.  A huge room with a vending machine, tv, pingpong table, couple of couches and twin beds lined up along the walls. They had the little ones sit in the floor and then they turned out most of the lights to simulate what it would be like sleeping at the firestation, then they had dispatch do a test call, so the kids could experience getting woke up for an emergency.  I thought it was cool.  The lights started blinking, an alarm sounding, a dispatcher came over the loud speakers, doors automatically opened, etc.   I can see why the fire department is almost always first on the scene.  They are so efficient.
It was also funny that the living room area, adjacent the kitchen had a big screen tv and 6 recliners in there.  I wish I'd got a pic.
The highlight for the kids was the trucks of course.  LG was being a bit grumpy and clung to my leg the major of the tour. 

He also got to go in the truck.

His class on the front of the truck.

Here he is jumping for joy as I told him he didn't have to go to school, but could go home instead.  I actually told his teacher and some of the other parents, I think he must be getting sick because he was so cranky.  A mother knows, and sure enough he had a fever most of our stay in KY. 

Sorry to post these so late, but better late than never.

No comments:

Post a Comment