Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Life Lesson

Happy Mardi Gras!
With the Man gone the days or rather nights get long. So, I decided to call a new friend and invite myself and the boys over for a visit. And let me say, the time flies when you are in good company. And my friend Esther and her family are really good company and we had sooo much fun visiting with them. She has three boys much older than mine, but they are really good to play with and entertain my boys. My boys love Esther's house. So do I.
Long story short, we didn't make it home until 10:30. Oh my! I would have never guessed I'd kept the boys out this late past their bedtime ever, but I did.
The Man had somethings to say about it too! Because he knows as well as I do, if he'd have kept the boys out that late on a school night, I'd probably lock him out-of-the-house for a day or two. Irrational? Yes!
So this was a big reality check for me. Good times with Good Friends is worth staying up late on a school night once or twice a year. In a month the boys won't even remember getting to bed so late, but they will remember the fun they had. And hopefully by then my guilt will have receded to. But for now, I feel sooo guilty because I know I'll have two very grumpy boys in the morning and I have to hang my head and say the Man is sometimes right. It'll be ok in the long run. But for now, we all need some serious sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment