Friday, February 20, 2009

Raspberries!

Day two of baking. Chocolate Brownie Raspberry Cups and Man Cookies. I figured that taking two desserts to trivia would increase my odds of winning, right? Although the brownie cups turned out alittle to dry, I think I used too much chocolate they were still really pretty.

And of course the boys, including the Man had to help themselves to some raspberries. Little Guy looks like little "jack horner". Except our nursery rhyme would be something like.

Little Guy Bluhm stood on a stool, bugging his mommy for a treat.

He stuck out his thumb, got a raspberry stuck and thought it was neat.

Ok so it doesn't rhyme well, but you get the point.


My second dessert was MAN cookies, basically a sugar cookie with oatmeal and pecans. I have to admit they were super yummy and will be a new house favorite. I got the recipe from the Pioneer Woman. She's awesome. Now its off to trivia night.

Long story short, I did not win an award for either of my deserts although everyone thought they were delicious and my trays were empty at the end of the night. I just didn't receive enough votes. UGH! But you better believe I'm not going to stop trying. I will be a real award winning baker someday. Trivia night was a blast, our table didn't win either, but it was really fun. And here's some trivia for you, the ones we got hung up on.

1. What does the "W" stand for on the periodic table of elements?

2. What was the 37th state to join the USA? (hint it starts with an N)

3. What does the E E in E.E. Cummings stand for?

See if you can get the answers!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment