Thursday, March 26, 2009

Sew, Sew

As I wasn't blogging and taking a photo-a-day until Jan. 1, some of you may not know how thrilled as was when the Man bought M.E. a sewing machine for Christmas. I've always like the idea of sewing and making things, but never really did much with it. Nana let me borrow her Mom's when we lived in WA, but I really only played with it and never did much.

Now that I'm at home full time, I figured I wasn't a real homemaker unless I owned and could actually use a sewing machine. Like I said, I got one for Christmas and until today it had never been out of the box.

But its out of the box now.





Buddy has this wonderful ability to rip the knees out of his pants faster than any child I know. Just this school year he has went through at the very least 10+ pairs of school pants. To the point that we are now down to 2 pairs. I like laundry, but don't like washing these pants everyday.

I had gotten him a few pairs awhile back but they were too long, so I put them up, thinking he'll grow into them. Now, I realized I can't wait for his legs to grow 2 or 3 inches, I'm going to have to hem them. Easy enough right. Well, just reading the instruction to the new sewing machine made M.E. nervous. I called Mamaw. She suggested I do it by hand. OK, that's not what I had in mind. Because I also wanted to take the kneeless pants and cut them off to make shorts.

It wasn't as hard as I thought! I now have two pairs of pants and three new pairs of shorts for the Buddy. The hems are a little crooked but hey who will notice.

Now I've just got to wait for him to get home to try them on and see if the shorts are too short, or if the pants are still too long. I probably should have waited for him to have them on when I measured and cut, but I realized that too late. So we'll see. And Mamaw, I included M.E. in the photo just for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment