Saturday, April 11, 2009

Easter in KY!

I didn't realize it until just moments ago that I took alot of pictures today, so this will be a big post. We started the morning early as all the kiddos get up with the sun. I started the day by decorating my sister's bunny cake. I don't remember when Aunt Cream (my sister as Little Guy calls her) first started making these bunny cakes, but no Easter is complete without one. (I have step-by-step photos, if anyone is interested)
After most of the family arrived, Mamaw wanted a picture of her and all the grandkids. My niece and her son wasn't there, but the rest agreed for the photo. Let's just say I don't know if anyone got a good pic, my boys weren't cooperating very well and Mamaw had to get Buddy.
I don't know why they are so pixelly (I'm not sure that's a word) but they are fuzzy.

The festivities were at my sister's house, so most events include her in-laws who are fabulous people. I even call her mother-in-law Mimi like one of the grandkids. So Aunt Cream's niece was there with us and this is her super gorgeous, good-natured baby girl.

She is 9 months and starting to pull up on things and loves to babble. She's just too cute - makes M.E. want a girl.
As mentioned above, Little Guy refers to my sister as Aunt Cream. Wonder why?

Aunt Cream loves ice cream and Little Guy apparently knows this. And by the way, so does my niece's dog, Sheriff.


Another family tradition is to hide plastic eggs filled with candy or money for the kiddos. This year, I brought about 3 dozen, Aunt Cream brought about 6 dozen and my sister-in-law brought about 7 dozen. Do the math -- this is about 200 eggs filled with treats for the kiddos. Sugar overload!!!


The egg hunt!





The boy's Easter loot ended up being about 3 lbs of candy. Little Guy got about $3 from all his eggs and Buddy was super happy that he managed about $8 from all his eggs. Wow!


Still reeling from the candy high, it was time to color the real eggs for church tomorrow. It was such a gorgeous day we got to do it outside on the deck and its a good thing.

Even my teenage nephew got in on the action! But I can't say anything, I did just as many as the kids. Its too fun not to.
Like I said, good thing we were outside, because this is what happens when Little Guy colors Easter Eggs!

It is wonderful being home with the family for Easter. It's one of our favorite holidays.
Christ will rise again!

1 comment:

  1. Looks like "the man" five photos up hasn't missed any meals lately.

    Dad

    ReplyDelete