Saturday, April 18, 2009

Lazy Day

I must say, I slept later today than I can remember sleeping anytime after having children. I'm sure I've slept later but today was approaching near 9:30 AM. Unfortunately it made me lazy all day and I got little to nothing accomplished. But that's ok. One lazy day once in a while is fine, right? It just means I'll have to wait at least 7 days before having another one, right? LOL!

Seriously, the Man actually got out and cleaned the gutters today. A very long overdue necessity and I was so proud of him. Although him being on the roof in flip flops is not my idea of safety. I was ready to call 911.

After the gutter cleaning and playing baseball with Buddy, we all got ready to go over to Zkid's house for some supper and fun. After dinner, quite near bedtime, we discovered they have a Nintendo Wii. Just let me say, we do not have video games in our house. Its just something that we would rather not spend our money & time doing. Buddy has never asked for one, so its really not been an issue, but I have a feeling that's about to change.
For those who might not know (Mamaw), the Wii is a video game in which you hold a controller and act out what needs to be done on screen. So when Buddy is playing baseball, he has to stand up and pretend the controller is a bat and actually swing it at the ball in order to hit and play the game. Well, we had a blast.

Look at the sweat pouring off this guy. Its a very active game, which is one of the reasons its so fun. The Man was beat by a 3rd grader at bowling and tennis. He'll not like it that I reported that. Buddy played several games of baseball and tennis and M.E. actually got up and bowled. I have to admit it was fun. I don't know if this house is ready for it, but it will be considered if the Buddy (or the Man) starts in about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment