Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Once in a Lifetime

The Buddy is in Cub Scouts. I'm not sure how I feel about this, but he was really excited about it. I know its a wonderful organization and they do alot of cool stuff, but Buddy is very much an athlete and we invest alot of time and energy with his sports. I definitely do not want to over commit him during the school year - come on his only 6. So we are going to be playing it my ear and see how it goes. They said we only had to do things twice a month, but with the days flying by that's going to seem like all the time. As long as, school does not suffer we are a go. The October activity is a Mom & Me camp out. I'll admit I'm looking forward to having that time with Buddy by myself, something we never get. And we love camping.



Moving on to the ONCE IN A LIFETIME.... but in Buddy case, the 1st in a lifetime.
He caught or rather chased down a foul ball at the local AAA baseball game last night. He had taken his glove but wasn't wearing it at the time and honestly wasn't paying much attention. But when the ball hit the bleaches right in front of him, he was quick to chase it down before the other kids did. He was so excited. We took this pic in the parking lot before loading up to come home (you can see it in the pic, but it actually says *OFFICIAL BALL* on it - awesome). The Man said that he has never got a foul ball before, so it was once in a lifetime for him. My guess is it will only be the first, not the last, for Buddy!

No comments:

Post a Comment