Saturday, September 19, 2009

Forgiveness Please!

First let M.E. say a big SORRY, SORRY, SORRY to my faithful readers who continue to click here and find nothing new.
But thanks to my friend Jen, I have some fabulous tailgating photos to share with you.
First lets just say, there was a 60% of rain for the event. We arrive to overcast skies and quickly get the Morgans tent up and grill going. Here's the boys enjoying some shrimp.
You see that corn hole board in the back ground -- We've ordered one (minus the football) and I can't wait to get it.

Inevitably, it starts to rain and we all have to crowd under the tents. Here's M.E. and Rae and the Man's GodDaughter. She had gotten so big and too cute.

the Man with Sprouse and Frey. I'm loving the Topper gear.
The rain subsides for a few and then it was time for the Topper Walk. This is when Big Red, the cheerleaders, the band and football team parade through campus. So we head up to the street just in time to see it all and just as the football team gets to us it opens up and pours. POURS. M.E. and the boys stay and give the players high fives and cheers and one of the them walks over to Buddy and gives him a Topper Walk t-shirt. holy cow. we couldn't believe it - the souvenir of a lifetime.
Here's Buddy back at the tent, soaked.


LG wasn't happy about being so wet and was too cranky to get his photo made.

So, for those of you who've actually visited campus and with the knowledge that we are the Hilltoppers, its not much of a stretch to realize campus is not flat.

Intoxicated CoEds + Tailgating Spirits + Rain = MUDSLIDES!


I specifically told Buddy and the Man who went to watch this mayhem -- Buddy was not to get involved. I know my son and this would be very tempting. Not that I didn't mind him getting muddy (which I rather he didn't), I just didn't want him running full speed and throwing himself down this mudslide with adults. He could break his arm or worse his neck.


Well......


Yes, that is Buddy with a CoEd sliding down the mud. He comes to M.E. covered in mud with near tears in his eyes as he knew he disobeyed M.E. But here's the story I got. As he was standing on the sidelines with 100 other people he was so excited and cheering so loud, that this CoEd grabbed his hands as she passed and pulled him down the hill with her. He didn't go very fast and she had a hold of him the entire time as this would keep him from getting hurt. I wanted to fuss. I wanted to be really mad. But as he stood there in the rain, covered from head to toe is mud, he was just too cute with his, "Mommy, she grabbed me" "I didn't do it" "it wasn't my fault". This story was backed up by many eye witnesses so I let it go.

Moments later the police arrive on the scene. When Buddy sees them he clings to M.E. for his life, knowing the proof that he was mudsliding is all over him, he gets scared the police are going to take him to jail. Its takes several of the grown-ups to convince him that he's ok and that the police aren't going to get him in trouble. It was too funny.

So there's Buddy big adventure mudsliding on a college campus with college students at the age of 6. Should I be worry?



No comments:

Post a Comment