Saturday, September 26, 2009

Winterizing the Garden

The Man worked outside all weekend, which I was so proud of him. Yesterday he mowed the yard for the first time in a month. It was been so wet and rainy, I hadn't had a chance to get to it. And today he started working over the garden spot. He collected nearly 3 gallons of tomatoes and there's still dozen hanging on the vine, as well as two watermelons still growing. Pretty much everything else was done so this pulled and cleaned out rest getting ready for winter.


His main project was getting the herbs ready to endure the winter.


He created little bundles of the different herbs for drying. They are all now hanging in my pantry, so every time I open the door the aroma is overwhelming of all the herbs drying. Its like walking into an italian kitchen. As least now, I am learning what they are and what they look like, so I won't be accidentally feeding my family weeds, again.

No comments:

Post a Comment