Thursday, November 12, 2009

Bronchitis

After LG coughed all night and I mean most of the night. I think I slept from 1AM to 5AM at which point LG got up.  It was a rough night, but there's no fever and he says he feels fine, so I had no plans to take him to the doctor today, its just allegries.

So around 9AM the coughing started up again which is unusual, because he usually only coughs at night.  So I started paying alot of attention to it and from 9AM to 10AM there wasn't a five minute stretch in which he didn't cough.  and cough hard!  So I broke down and called the doctor. I say broke down, because I'm not one to run to the doctor, unless they have a major fever and/or lifeless.  But I couldn't stand seeing him cough like this, so off we go.   The doctor immediatley hears him cough and diagnosis him with Allegric Bronchitis.  The cough which may have started out due to sinus drainage, is now being cause by the tightning of the bronchical tubes and it's his body's way of getting more air.  Poor baby!  So steriods to the rescue.  We immediately go down to the pharmacy, and as we are leaving, he's really coughing and its starting to gag him, so I pull over and get him out of his car seat just in time for him to vomit in the parking lot, then again and again. I felt so sorry for him. 


Long story short, he's got some steriods in him, but he is still coughing and he is so tired of it.  We will be going to see an allegrist in December to see what the main cause of his drainage is.  I really hope that he doesn't have to go on medicine. I will be praying to control it other wise.  He is such a good medicine taker.

So after he said he felt better we headed over to Hobby Lobby. I'm so addicted to this store.  I could go there everyday.  I wanted to get some supplies for my December Daily album that I'm soooooo excited about.

I really didn't get to look at all I wanted, because after about 10 minutes the Man calls and says his truck is at Midas.  And he is gently trying to tell me why he's there and what's wrong with his truck, when finally I just say, "HOW MUCH? What's the bottom line?" --$900 to $1100. OUCH!  Not what I wanted to hear, but he asks if I could please come get him. So yes, I'm off to get him and I lost my mojo to get my December Daily embellishments. oh well!  But I did get some paper and a few 'spare parts' that were on clearance.



But you want to know what is the blessed thing about the truck breaking down now? 

At the end of October, the Man recieved an extra 1 week salary on his paycheck because the company is going from bi-montly pay schedule to an every-other-Friday schedule, so they needed to make up the difference in October before it started Nov. 1.  So the Man and I have debated on what to do with this "seemingly" extra money.  We decided to just sit on it for little while and see if we could just swing the holidays without using it.   So here this money is just sitting there and bang the truck breaks down. 

My point you ask?  The Lord will provide. 

If we hadn't gotten that extra check we would be charging this bill on a credit card, ugh!  But thankfully we don't have too!  The Lord takes care of those who try to take care of others. Something the Man and I both do.  And I'm so grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment