Sunday, November 29, 2009

December Daily Album

After we got home today, I spent some time in my scrapbook room working on my December Daily Album and getting activities ready for the 25 days of Christmas.

So if you are not into scrappin' you will be very bored with this post.  
The idea of the album is to document our days leading up to Christmas and the preparing, waiting and experiencing of the holiday season.  I'm really excited about doing this project as this year we will not be traveling at all but at home to really celebrate. 

Here's the rough shell of my ablum as of now. I will be working more on it as the days get nearer and I will be documenting our days and adding pics, posts and embellishments as we go along.

Day 1 - There's not a cover yet, but I'm working on so here's the first page.  I've put eyelets in each page, so that when I find 3" binder rings the pages will turn easily.  Each page is roughly 8x8 or smaller.


Day 2 - This page is closer to 8x5

Day 3 - This is a 8x8 clear page protector that I will be using just like a cardstock page.  The tag will be for my journaling, etc.  I plan to just staple or glue my pics and embellishments right on the protector and possiblly put memorabilia in the protector like a envelope, such things at recipes from shopping or notes from the kids, or a souviner from something we did that day or nothing at all.

(blogger is not cooperating with M.E. so my pics are all over the place)

Day 4 - If our day requires more room on the page, I may remove this big tree, or perhaps make this my title page of sorts and add in another page to document what we did.  As for the page side of Day 3 clear page proctector I may just decorate for fun to hide the backside of the other stuff or just leave it, who knows right now.


Day 5 - To try and break out of the square shape I made the edge of this page like a parentheses shape.


Day 6 - This is one of Buddy's empty baseball card holder sheets.  I cut the bottom row off so that it would fit in the album then I cut the right edge down, using my sewing machine I stitched a new margin for the eyelts to go creating 4 strandard pockets and 2 really skinny pockets.  Who knows what will go in the pockets but I thought it was a really cool idea.  I made a tage with the number 6 on it to slide into one of the pockets which can be moved around it need be.


Day 7 - This page as a curved edge for alittle variety.  Also there's no number on this page just in case I need to use it else where or find out that I need something different. 


Day 8 - This is a smaller width page about 8x5, thus you can see day 9 behind it.  I really like that its not uniform through out just like our days will not be uniform through out the holiday season. Again I may or may not be doing anything to backside of the previous day.


Day 9 - This is another clear page protector with a taga and 9.  I'll probably add another tag or journalling strips as needed.



Day 10 - I found this really cool glitter cardstock at Micheals.  It was about 50 cents cheaper in the wedding section verses the christmas sections, so it helps to shop around. I also got a 12x12 sheet of christmas numbers 1 - 25, so alot of this tags and numbers are from that sheet.


Day 11 - So obviously I'll want to put some sort of embellishement over that bar code on the back of day 10.  I think this page is so simple and cute.


Day 12 - Another page protector.


Day 13 - This is probably my favorite page with the machine stitching around the border and all the christmas trees.  Too cool.



That's enough for today, I'll try to post the rest tomorrow.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment