Saturday, January 22, 2011

Crafty Day

I got crafty today and I couldn't be happier about it.
Our church is planning a mission to Haiti next month so several members have been making little dresses for Haitian girls. I couldn't resist the need to get involved, so today with some old scrap fabric (I have no idea where it came from) and a simple handmade pattern (I received from church), I put the Man in charge of the boys and started ironing, cutting and sewing. And within an hour and a half I made this.


Too cute, I know. LG tried it on for ME, but he didn't like it so I thought it best to not take his picture.
And while working with a pattern something I've never done before, I discovered a pin cushion would be useful. So instead of purchasing one, I decided to make one and with the help of the Internet I made this adorable pin cushion.


My embroidering lacks polish but I still thinks it's too cute and perfect.
I'll be making two more dresses this week and on Friday a couple of friends and I are hosting a sewing circle at church to make more dresses. I'm 'sew' excited.
Any of you been crafting? I'd love to see what you've made!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

2 comments:

  1. Love the dress...and on the pin cushion...sweet...can't believe you did not say..."It was just the way I wanted it"

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was an amazing dress for someone who had
    no sewing lessons. I am so proud of you. Don't
    you know some little girl is going to feel so
    beautiful in that dress. You are doing missionary work for the Lord. You will be
    blessed. Mamaw from KY

    ReplyDelete