Thursday, March 26, 2015

Last Night

We are safe and sound this morning, but I will say last night was an adrenaline rush.

We have know for days the storms were coming. The Tulsa National Weather Service Office actually broke a record on Tuesday for the longest stretch without a tornado warning - 174 days!  I'm not complaining.  I was pretty excited about that record.   But all things end.

Yesterday at 3:45, I was exiting school to get Buddy from after school soccer and the clouds were already black.  Looking a doppler, I discovered they were closer than I thought and early. We weren't expecting them until 5PM.
We made a quick stop to run some errands and then high-tailed it home, just as the lightning was starting to strike.  The next 2 to 3 hours were intense at the storms kept building, kept coming and knowing they were so close.  

We had wind, rain, hail, lightning and the tornado sirens sounding.
The clouds were crazy looking and in my panic/excited I didn't take a single picture. I managed this one of hail early on.   this is as big as we got at my house, but I've heard areas of Tulsa got softball size.  Yikes.  We were lucky.


If you've watched the weather channel then you've likely seen all the damage across the river from Tulsa.  The Sand Springs tornado was approximately 7 miles from my house.  Other small rotations were within a mile.  Crazy and scary but we were home, prepared and had the boys safe.   

March is going out like a lion.  I'm not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing, but I do know Spring is here in Oklahoma.  



No comments:

Post a Comment