Sunday, March 1, 2009

Blessed!

I've now officially been in our new town for 8 months. And though I was ready for the move and change, it was really hard. But I'm so happy to say things are wonderful. I was invited to a girls night with another new friend from youth group. M.E. and 5 other women sat around last night and talked non-stop for 5 straight hours and we didn't even scratch the surface. Pregnancy, babies, husbands, movies, careers, and the state of our educational system were are main topics and I had so much fun.

On my drive home, it occurred to me. I have friends. I HAVE FRIENDS. This is something I so wanted but was really hard for me to pursue in a new place with everyone else already having their cliques. But I've done it. This week alone, I visited two friends and had one over and made many more. I'm so proud of myself, but even more I'm been so blessed. All of these women that have accepted me into their lives are wonderful, intelligent, great Christan people. It doesn't get better than that.

No comments:

Post a Comment