Tuesday, March 31, 2009

We [heart] the IRS!

The background story: We owned and operated a bbq restaurant in KY from 02/05 through 04/07. With that said, we had little to no trouble filing all sorts of taxes, until now -- 2 YEARS LATER.

About 6 months ago, we received a letter from the IRS stating that we owed nearly $2,000 in unemployment taxes. What? We called our CPA, he confirmed we were paid in full. But the letters kept coming always with adjusted fees and taxes some higher, some lower. The Man finally calls them and they swear we owe them this money.

About 4 months ago, being good citizens, we pay them (and that wasn't easy on the budget either).
Then, 6 weeks ago, we received a letter from the IRS stating the restaurant was found to be in overpayment. Duh!!!! They would be sending us our reimbursement for the overpaid amount in 4 to 6 weeks. Yay!

Last week, we received said check! WooHoo! Yay! Far-Out! Excellent! Yee-Haw!Right-On!

Saturday, we received a letter stating that a portion of the reimbursement money would be put toward other outstanding debt to the IRS, uh, what? What other outstanding debts, and we already received the check, how's that possible?

Then I open a bill for that said 'other outstanding debt'.

Then I open this lovely bill, I mean really what's the point.


Its a little blurry (I'm not real camera savvy), but it states we owe the IRS $0.40, yes 40 cents. Are kidding me? The stamp to mail the letter cost more than they are asking for. I should send them their postage stamp back and call it even. UGH!

So there's one reason for loving the IRS! God Bless America, please!

To Be Continued, I'm sure.......

1 comment:

  1. I had no idea that you had owned a restaurant! I think some BBQ is in order :) Kathy

    ReplyDelete