Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Ode to Little Guy

In January, we tried without results to potty train Little Guy.

In Feburary M.E. stopped trying.

Monday, we started up again. Results, several dirty pairs of underwear and puddles on the floor. *sigh*


Yesterday, we turned a new leaf. M.E. broke down and got some Easter Starburst candies, and told the Little Guy that if he would go potty, he would recieve a treat. I know, I know, you're not suppose to use such incentives, especially candy. But he has a real weakness for candy and I knew it would help push him to actually try. I feel guilty already. But you know what, it worked. I knew it would.

Yesterday, he successfully went to the potty and did not mess in his underwear, not one time. YAY! Although, he's only worn underwear at home and not out, (I'm not brave enough to try that yet), he did fuss at the Man last night, when he put a diaper on him for bed.

Already, this morning, two tinkles. Woo-Hoo! I'm actually going to try and run some errands this afternoon without him in a diaper, just to test the waters sort to speak. I'll have extra clothes and a diaper handy of course. But we couldn't be happier. Buddy even hunged hime last night when he was successfully went to the potty. It was a real Kodak moment, expect Little Guy was naked and I though better of it.
Hopefully the rest of the day will be as good.

No comments:

Post a Comment