Tuesday, June 30, 2009

OK, so I've missed alot of days, but I'm not going to dwell on it. I'm moving on.

The long story begins when I woke up this morning with a sore and very swollen throat and we were scheduled to fly to Seattle today, ugh! In fear that I might get really sick at some point during our travels. I loaded up the boys and headed to Urgent Care. Turns out my swollen, very red throat was negative for strep, but the doctor wanted to treat it as such (a false negative). Major antibiotics were prescribed and there I was. Sick and on my way to Seattle, where my brother-in-law just had major heart surgery. Not good.

On top of that, I was really nervous about flying by myself with the kids, something I've never done before. Little Guy tends to take off in crowds, so I decided to go with the stroller. Granted he hasn't ridden in a stroller in over year, but I could not afford him the luxury of walking (RUNNING) in the airports. And with the wonderful help of Buddy, it turned out to be no big deal. I must say I was pleasantly surprised at how well the boys did, especially Buddy. He really took on some responsibility pushing Little Guy in the stroller and helping at the security check. Look how happy they are on the airplane.


We were also very happy to see the Man after a very long week with out him. Unfortunately he had some bad news. M.E. and the boys were not allowed to see his brother or anyone who was going to see him within 8 days. WHAT???!!! My strep throat has totally ruined everything, we weren't going to see the first cousins or Grandpa & Nana for the duration of our trip. So much for lending moral support to the family, we only caused more stress. Sorry about that!

No comments:

Post a Comment