Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Lego Mayhem!

FYI: LG's spots are still there. They haven't increased and have stopped itching, but they are still there. We'll just have to see what happens.
We were suppose to go swimming today, but the weather is so cool - only 80 degrees, so we have postponed until tomorrow. Hopefully it'll be warmer. What a statement to make in July!!!
So today, after some house work, I started "playing" in my scrapbooking space, (I'm really going to try and get refocused on that), when Buddy pulls out the lego bucket. He and LG begin their day long activity of building Star Wars ships.
First let M.E. say I'm really proud of the boys, because they played nearly all day together. TOGETHER, without a fight, fist thrown, yelling, screaming, etc, etc. I'm so proud. After a couple of hours of focusing on my scrap supplies, I really took notice of what they had created.
Here's what looks like a battle line in the extra bedroom, where I was working on my scrap space. They even have a second defense. Then, there were these scary looking guys by the kitchen sink. Guarding the watering hole, I suppose. And in the living room, there were some more aircraft of some sort scattered about. I think there was a battle in here.
You have to admire there craftsmanship and quality of their aircraft. Simply Amazing.

So while they were building legos, I was working on cleaning my scrap space. Its looking good. I came up with a ribbon storage solution. I love it.
A piece of styrofoam I found in the garage and some wire makes a cool holder for my spools of ribbon and its easy to add and remove spools and it was FREE.
Next, for those ribbons not on a spool. I wrapped them around popsicle sticks and secured with a paper clip. I've seen this in several magazine articles and blogs, but I wasn't sure I'd like it. But I do.
And its so pretty to look at. I'm really happy with everything so far. I've only got a few more things to organize and I think I'll be able to fit everything into the cubes. YEAH!

No comments:

Post a Comment