Monday, August 3, 2009

Buddy is too funny!

At some point in the night, Buddy got in bed with the Man and I. So I was able to hear him exclaim the moment his eyes opened, "that was the awesomest dream, ever". Alright, so I'll bite.
M.E., "really"
Buddy, "you want to hear about my awesome dream?"
M.E., "sure"
Buddy, "well, um, you see, me and my friends were playing baseball. And um, it was a real baseball game. It was, um, my baseball game and there was, um, fireworks. Fireworks at my game, with my friends. Then we, um, we went and played on the monkey bars in the rain. The rain."
M.E., "wow that sounds fun"
Buddy, "yeah, it was the best dream ever".
Ah, I love him.
So later today, I took the sheets of all the beds, as I do every Monday, and before I could put clean sheets on the beds, the boys decided to rearrange the mattresses for gymnastic workout.


I think I've mentioned this before, but underwear is the official I'm at home uniform around here.

Buddy, "are you going to blog these pictures"

M.E., "yes"

Buddy, "but I'm in my underwear"
M.E., "do you not want me to put them on there for Grandpa and Nana to see"
Buddy, "yeah, put them on there"
Here's another.


After a few more jumps, we put the beds back together and neatly made them.

Later, the Buddy wanted something extra after lunch, (I could have a completely separate blog about Buddy and his ability to eat), and that's when he grabs an uncooked hot dog. ugh! Anyhow, as I'm running around, I hear him singing, "I'm naked, I'm naked". I'm like what???? So I run to the living room to see him dancing with a skinless hot dog. He wasn't naked, the hot dog was. He is such a silly guy.

Okay, so maybe all this isn't so funny reading it on the blog, but I've got to tell you, he has been cracking M.E. up all day. The little things a 6 year old can think up. Maybe I'm just trying to pay more attention with school just a couple of weeks away, I don't know, but he's too funny!

In Scrappin' News, I'm working on a challenge posted at Dixie Pieces about what smell really reminds you of summer. It's been fun, thinking of all the wonderful and unique smells that remind M.E. of summer. My favorite is the smell of clean, sun-kissed, wind blown bed sheets hung on the line. I think Aunt Claire might agree with M.E. on that one. It ranks up there with a hot rain after a long dry spell when it steams off the pavement. I also remember that wonderful intoxicating smell of grapes in Yakima valley the summer we moved from WA to KY. Aunt Linda would totally know what I mean. Or the smell of charcoal from the grill. I could go on...

so What's your thoughts of the smells of summer???? Leave M.E. a comment today or the next couple of days and I'll post a list later this week.

2 comments:

  1. That naked hot dog was the ugliest thing EVER!!!(I am still laughing). I am like little buddy, nuttin' better than a raw dog, mustard and fresh bread...or just the dog. Love and miss ya. You sure we can't go to Christie's twice a year?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not sure when we will be in KY next, likely Thanksgiving and I'm not sure we could all get together for it, but maybe. Miss you too!

    ReplyDelete