Monday, August 17, 2009

Last Day of Summer Break!

I asked Buddy this morning how he wanted to spend his last day of summer vacation and he said, watch tv. ugh! The boys have really become coach potatoes and its coming to an end. Starting this week they will be earning tv time, I'll keep you posted on how that goes.
Mammaw read here, that LG needed a little pillow for preschool and said Walgreens had them, so off to Walgreens, we go. And we found one for $2.50, Thanks Mammaw, it sure beats $12.
Came home and started working on the pillow case. I'm super excited to say, its so cute.
Its going to look great with his mat and he thought is was awesome. So while I was working on it, Buddy comes to M.E. and asks what I'm making for him. Ah, how could I refuse him, so after some brain stormy we came up with a tool belt, aka bomb and weapons holder. I made one for both boys and they spent the rest of the afternoon playing together. Here's LG with his belt on. Buddy refused a picture.
I like the super hero pose he's got going on. Here's a close up.

There are 2 pockets, 3 little loops and one big loop. Let M.E. say they had a blast with them.

Supper was almost late, due to my sewing these, but it was worth it and supper was delish. I made some homemade chicken nuggets and they turned out really good. After supper, Buddy wanted to play some cornhole, as it was nice and breezy outside and tomorrow is a school day. We had a really fun time playing and Buddy even got a phone call from Grandpa and Nana wishing him luck tomorrow. He thought that was nice. We wound up staying outside until 8:30, then off to bed.

Buddy has mixed emotions about tomorrow. He likes staying home, but he misses his friends. We'll see how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment