Tuesday, August 18, 2009

First Day of 1st Grade

Today was the big day.... 1st Grade.


First of all, M.E. couldn't sleep last night. The anticipation of having to get up early prevented M.E. from falling asleep or perhaps it was the 15 year delay in back to school gitters. What ever it was I was wide away when at 11PM, Little Guy wakes up screaming and crying with his legs again. He cried so hard he wound up vomiting. Nice. After some cleaning up and rocking in the recliner, I finally got him settled back in bed and got my self to bed and fell asleep for the first time about 1AM, then a huge stormed rolled through about 4AM wake M.E. up, then LG got up again at 5AM. Needless to say, I was frazzled this morning, but not Buddy. He jumped out of bed like a firecracker on the first mention of time to go to school. This was a good sign. The morning ran very smoothly and the Man was able to go with us to school, which was awesome.


Here's Buddy with LG, who is not happy, either its because he's up & out so early, still feels yucky, or he's going to miss Buddy. I'm guessing all three. [not sure why my pics are so blurry, I seriously need to consider a nicer camera]


The big 1st Grader!
We got to school early enough that the doors weren't open yet, so here we stand on the curb. Look at all the mixed emotions. M.E. alittle emotional about the 1st day of school experience for Buddy and overwhelmed that I have a 1st grader, LG seems a little put out, and Buddy excitedly spys a friend across the parking lot.They finally open the doors and we head in with all the other family like a huge herd of cattle. I've got a hand of each boy and as we enter school, Buddy gives my hand a big squeeze. I almost cried. He found his seat pretty quickly and began chatting with those around him. He seems happy enough, huh?


Yep, he's happy to be back at school. M.E. too!

You can't tell we are related can you. Oh my goodness!

LG just stood aside and observed with his little hands in his pocket too cute.


As were standing at the front of the room observing Buddy doing his bell work, a couple of his friends broke out in tears as their parents were trying to leave. I almost lost it. I really hadn't realized that I was going to be emotional. I understood my crying last year, it was the first day of school ever, but today - I'd been there done that. But when these little boys started the waterworks, I had to look away and get out of there or I would have been joining them. I can only imagine how tomorrow's going to go.... First day of preschool for Little Guy. I'll have to pack some kleenex.

1 comment:

  1. I have a picture of my youngest reaching for the school bus crying as his big brother left for kindergarten.......big brother just graduated from college last week & little brother goes back to college this Sunday!!!

    ReplyDelete