Saturday, August 15, 2009

Projects Day!

We decided to spend the day on projects. After breakfast, we got ready and headed to a near by shopping center, where M.E. and LG went to Micheal's (Love this store) and the Man and Buddy went to Lowe's. Now this Micheal's store is really new and laid out totally different from anyone I've ever been in before and the entire center section of the store is scrapbooking. The whole thing. I was in awe, but I did not go in there for scrapbooking so I only briefly went through this section.

Back at home, I began work on LG's mat sheet. And I'm thrilled with how it turned out.

The Little Guy loved it.
He said he wanted to take a nap on it but I figured he'd just wind up pulling the mat out and tearing it up, so I opted to put it up until Wednesday. I've still got to make a second one, so I don't have to worrying about a quick turn around on washing it when its sent home. I'm also going to make a little pillow case, when I find a little pillow. The little ones at the fabric store were $12. I don't think so. I'll need to go by the dollar store for that.
I had every intention of doing more projects today, inspiration journal, door hanging and scrapping, but it didn't happen. Just played with the kiddos and had a fabulous day.

Meanwhile the Man was pricing and making plans to put french doors in the opening between the living room and sunroom. I'm excited for this project and will be happening in October. I'll keep you posted.

3 comments:

  1. A day for shsopping at Michael's and making projects--sounds like a perfect day. This mat looks so comfy. Great job with it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. awww look at him! he's too cute! and it looks like it turned out VERY well!! love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  3. that turned out great. Sounds like a good day.

    ReplyDelete