Monday, October 26, 2009

Fat Lip

I'll spare you pics today, as I spent most of it at the dentist office.
Two weeks ago while eating a BLT without the L & T, I broke a tooth.  A small chuck of tooth from one of my molars broke off and left a razor sharp edge behind. OUCH! 
Now, let M.E. say, I have bad teeth.  I grew up in a grocery store and considered myself an amateur expert on all types of candies and sugary cereals, hince my mouth full of cavities, fillings and broken teeth.  I do maintain good oral hygiene now, but much damage has already been done.
So after I broke off this tooth, I managed to get into a dentist then, just to get the edge smoothed down, so it would not slice my tongue off, but the real work was postponed until today. 
They numbed M.E. pretty good up for a temporary crown.  Pretty long procedure, but still worth saving this tooth. I felt like I had a fat lip until about 2:30 this afternoon.
Amazingly the crown feels very normal and I'm glad to have this part over. 
Woo-Hoo for the dentist!

No comments:

Post a Comment