Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Details of our Tuesday

I'll begin at the beginning.  Buddy has been wasting time, water and my patience lately by taking 10, 15  or if possible 20 minute showers.  He loves to just stand there and let the water wake him up.  Sometimes he plays games with his washcloth, sometime his sings, and sometimes he just stands there still half asleep. 
Not anymore..... introducing the timer.

This morning it worked like a charm.... hope it continues.
Also, this morning it occurred to M.E. that I'm in need of a egg skillet.  There is such a thing, isn't there?  You see Buddy requests two fried eggs with toast at least 3 days a week and I am using my huge frying pan for this but only using a quarter of the surface.  The reason I don't like using this pan is that it doesn't fit in the dishwasher, so I have to wash it my hand everyday. Poor, Poor M.E. --- I know! Christmas wish list item: Egg Skillet! Moving on....
After taking Buddy to school, LG and I did laundry and more laundry.  Trying to get everything clean so we can pack for our trip to see Grandpa and Nana, as well as, all that dirty laundry the Man brought home from Dallas.
Then while browsing the interent waiting to fold clothes, I discovered the most fabulous sale going on at Hobby Lobby.  Seriously! 


So LG and I get ready and head that direction.  I manage to print out a coupon, but when I got to the register everything I got was already half price.  YES, half price. 
All the albums, paper packs, stickers, ribbons, spare part embellishments, & wooden stamps were all 50% off --- A SCRAPBOOKING DREAM!
LG got to go to the Red Box while we were out and get a movie. Monsters vs. Aliens.  One of the voices is Reese Witherspoon, so of course I love it.   It took LG about a week to save the 15 gems it cost him to get the movie, but it was well worth it. He loves it.
After he watched it one time through and I did more laundry, it was time to go get the Buddy at school.  I've gotten into the new habit of cutting through the church parking lot to get in the pick up line. Well today, I not only picked up Buddy, but this.....



In my tire no less.  They are replacing the roof at church and you would know that if any debris is in the parking lot it would find my van.  So afterschool, we had to make an unschedule visit to Midas.  They managed to dig it out and plug-patch it from the inside out.  It is there that I read an article in the paper that the Pioneer Woman will be in town tonight for a book signing. WOW! 


The Pioneer Woman is a pretty famous Mom in the blog world.  Her blog is HUGE and she just came out with a cookbook and she will be in town tonight at 7 for a signing.   I instantly want to go and it not too far of a drive, so I'm really thinking of standing in line for who knows how long with a bunch of other crazy blog readers to meet a woman I don't know, whom will never know M.E. for what?????  This last thought came shortly after I realized that tonight at 7, Its the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown, comes on tv.  And how could I possible justify not sitting at home with a bowl of popcorn watching this beloved classic with my boys?  I can't.



So anyhow, $20 later, we were on our way with a tire full of air headed to the playground, where I gave Grandpa a call and was reminded the importance of today!

IT'S NANA'S BIRTHDAY!

Happy Birthday, Nana.  We'll call you later.

Back at home, more laundry and started supper. Buddy's request Asian Skillet.  Pork roast cut into small strips, frozen veggie stir-fry and ramen noodles.  Doesn't get much simplier.  While I cooked he and the Man headed out back for some football tossing.

The Man making a pass.

The Buddy loves this, let M.E. tell ya!

To finish up, I finished our fall wreath.  About a month ago, I mentioned the boys and I taking a walk to collect pinecones and sticks, well this is what I made.

Happy Fall!

No comments:

Post a Comment