Wednesday, January 13, 2010

More up-to-date

After we got home Sunday night from our friends, the Man was seriously feeling ill with an upset stomach.  He didn't sleep well and by Monday morning was not moving.  He slept until like 10 AM.  He didn't have a fever, but his stomach was very upset and not in a good way.  Having him home kind of through M.E. behind of the day - as in my new Flylady Routine, Monday is the day I spend most of the day cleaning and getting organized for the rest of the week.  But I managed to get the place looking decent because keeping up with my routines everyday of the week, really doesn't leave too much to do on Mondays. Its wonderful.  If you are interested in learning more about Flylady, check her site out at http://www.flylady.com/.

The Man pretty much under the weather all day and Tuesday he managed to go to work and I had my Mom's group which is always fun and we have several new moms join, so that's always good. LG loved playing in the nursery with the little tots and babies.  He feels like such a big kid - after all he is four.  Later we headed over to Barnes n' Noble so I could pick up the gift card for the photo contest winner.  LG just loves this place because of the train table. So I quickly went an got some scrapbooking books and settled in the kids section to let LG have some fun with the trains.

He was so good and quite. It was great.


By the way, this is his new favorite "bob bob outfit" - as he is quick to tell everyone who comments on it.
I was able to browse through three books in peace and quite. I actually had to purchase one.  I couldn't resist. My scrapbook fund is seriously depleted now, but I'll talk more about my purchase later.
I talked with the Man several times throughout the day and convienced him to go to Urgent Care. If this is a stomach virus its the longest one in history, as its been over 48 hours.  The doctors didn't find anything, but said to hang in there and hopefully it will pass soon, which left M.E. to take Buddy to cubscouts. 
I usually throw this one at the Man, but I stepped up and headed out and I'm so glad I did. Because it turned out to be on of my happiest, proudest Mommy moments ever.  Tonight the 1st graders were in charge of the flag ceremony at the beginning of the meeting and Buddy's friends nominated him to do the reading/announcing for this. 
Here he is practicing. 


It was a big deal, so I didn't get any pics during the actual ceremony, but I was so proud, as he read aloud into a microphone, "Colorguard present Flags", "Colorguard prepare to post colors", "Colorguard post flags".  He also said the pledges adn other stuff.  It was so awesome and I was so proud.
We later learned all about the Pinewood Derby, in which each scout will be making their own wooden car and race them.  More about this later.....

Today, I had my baby appointment and everything is going well. I've gained about 18 pounds - although it feels like more.  After that I headed downtown to pick up the Man for our every-other-Wednesday Lunch Date.  It is so nice to see him in the middle of the day and just chat. I love it. Then I headed to Tuesday Morning.  If you have a Tuesday Morning - a variety store- you should definitely check it out. There is so much nice stuff in there that's cheap.  I got some thickers (really thick stickers for scrapbooking) that are normally 2.99 or 3.99 at Hobby Lobby and Micheals for only .69 cents. Wow. 
I got to spend about an hour in my scraproom working on my Challenge of Me class. I'll be posting pics and my thoughts about this class later this week. I'm a week behind, but I'm not discouraged.  I rather get my pics developed all at once verses getting them daily. And the December Daily Album is done. YES, done and on the shelf. Woo-hoo. What a sense of accomplishment to have this awesome album for the boys and myself to look back on years from now.  I'll caught you up on that later today or tomorrow. 
Like I said, lots of projects going on with M.E. now a days.  So watch out!