Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Babe Update!

I went to the doctor today and I've been told to take it as easy as possible.

I have been having a lot of braxon-hicks (practice) contractions for awhile and Sunday they really kicked in and I was having up to five an hour which - according to the book- is alot.  So first thing Monday morning I called the doctor and the nurse just said don't worry about it.

So today, I see the midwife and tell her what was up and she was like, "oh my, you should have talked to me."
Long story short, I'm not dilating anymore than that is normal for 34.5 weeks, but to make M.E. feel better she put M.E. on the monitor to see what the ole uterus was actually up too.  Turns out I am having practice contractions alot. I had 4 while on the monitor for 15 minutes.  She said they were big enought to register with the monitor, but far from big enough to start real labor.  She called it an irritable uterus.    whew! 

She wants M.E. to drink a ton of water and rest as much as possible, to keep this babe in the womb for at least a few more weeks.  Easier said then done, but I'm definitely going to try and I do feel much better knowing that this contractions are small and I can rest assured all is well with the babe.  

I'll keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment