Friday, June 25, 2010

Random Photos from KY part I

The days went by fast and they sort of ran together, so here is a group of cute and random photos from the first week or so in KY. We had so much fun.

The boys with Babe. I'm sorry its blurry, still don't know how to use my camera.  But all the kids just loved Babe and were really into him.  It made M.E. smile.

Some of you may know LG and if you do - you know he's wild about the Wii and even crazier about the hand held DS games.  While camping he fought over Kelsy the entire weekend and upon arriving at the fam's, he quickly grabbed Sman's and this was what he did pretty much the whole first week.  The world could have blown up and he wouldn't even have noticed. He was sooooo into it.
Here's all the grandkids minus two.  It was really cool to have all them together and playing.  They had a slumber party the first night at Mamaw and Papaw then the next night at Aunt Cream's. Too fun.

The first Friday we were there, M.E., Mamaw and Babe headed up to Owensboro to go scrapbooking with some of my dear, dear friends from my KY scrapbook club.  I miss these ladies tremediously and look forward to every year seeing them and catching up.  Here they are with Babe.

I'm so glad my Mom went with M.E., it gave us a lot of time to talk and just be together.  Babe liked it too. With Babe being so little and M.E. being so sleep deprived we only stayed to 11PM instead of all night.  Next year will be another all nighter!

I can not express how wonderful the porch swing is at my parents house.  My dad and I built it together when I was about 17 or so. I remeber I was already driving when we started the project one summer.  Anyhow there's almost always a breeze on the back porch and this swing is in the perfect place. I love it and so did LG and Babe!
Each morning LG would make his way to the porch and swing, this also included pee-ing off it as well. 

The moving on the air mattress.  The boys would sleep at Aunt Creams on the weekends and with M.E. at Mamaw and Papaws during the week, so this required the one air mattress to migrate with them.  Funny!
LG had to have a hair cut while we were home. It was getting to the point of needing a brette.  So we had our dear friend Novice cut it for us.  She was our barber when we lived in KY, but I think LG had forgotten her and needed Aunt Cream's help in getting his hair cut.  Either that or he just wanted Cream to feel sorry for him.
One Friday night we headed out to one our closest church families, the Whalins. I've grown up with this family as nearly my own my whole life, so it was fun to have my kids get to play there with the others.  They really had a fabulous time playing dodge the bike. 

One Saturday I needed to go to town, so Cream and Uncle loaded us up took us shopping. But what was an innocent shopping day turned into a sugar overload for Buddy.  (LG really doesn't like shopping or the grocery, so he stayed with Mamaw). 
My boys really don't get that much sugar.  They rarely drink soft drinks or coke and their candy and other sweets are pretty limited to one a day or so. 
Well, that flew out the window while we were in KY and on this particular day, Buddy got a soft drink for lunch. Sugar #1.  Then he went in the grocery and bought himself some cracker jacks. Sugar #2.  We then stopped for ice cream. Sugar #3.  Uncle then proceeded to give him this liquid sugar candy stuff, that Buddy nor I even knew how to eat, but let M.E. tell you it was pure liquid sugar and Buddy ate it. Sugar #4. 
That night was a long and crazy night as Buddy literally bounced off the walls.  It was nuts.  After this night, Buddy and I made a bet.  If once back in OK he can go an entire week with out sugar then he'll get $5.  I'll keep you posted on that one.

No comments:

Post a Comment