Monday, August 16, 2010

Last Day of Summer Vacation!

I have stated many times, that I'm ready for school to start.  Not that I don't love my kids or anything like that, but they aren't the best playmates and well, we like the routine of school. 
However this morning, the realization that this would be the last morning to sleep in, the last morning Buddy be coming in to love on Babe, the last morning of summer vacation - hit M.E. like a ton of bricks.   I was on the verge of tears almost all day.  I can't believe I have a second grader. 

the last morning to eat poptarts for breakfast - here comes the homecooking.

so I asked Buddy what he would like to do on his Last day of Summer Vacation. Anything I said.  He thought for a moment, and said you will say no.  I'm like, try M.E.  He was so sweet and said, can we go to Chuck E. Cheese's?  Sure.  He was so excited.  He quickly went and grabbed his ticket totals that he'd been saving for months and a couple of dollars.  And by lunch time we were ready to go.


skee ball is definitely one of his favorite ticket getters.


this was the first time that LG was let loose on his own.  Normally, the Man or I or some adult or bigger kid is with him, but today, he had free range of the place.  He loved it - believe M.E. 


Yummy Greasy Pizza!

Buddy took several breaks to come eat.


Meanwhile, Babe is celebrating being 4 months old today.

Eventually Buddy found this dragon game where you had to shoot your token in the dragons mouth. You got a lot of tickets for your effort so Buddy didn't move from this spot the rest of his time.

Look at him - he's just too cute. And growing up.  Do you like the hair cut?


At the end of tokens, Buddy had 244 tickets - combining those he already had saved, he ended up with 600. woo-hoo.


With 2 extra tickets from his brother, LG would end up with 100 tickets.


M.E. and Babe would play one game of Deal or No Deal and get 5 tickets.

I was really happy to take the boys on an outing today to celebrate being together. I'm still alittle anixous about tomorrow, but by the end of the week we'll all be good.  Although I'm thinking Babe won't know what to do when both boys are gone.  We'll have to wait and see.

No comments:

Post a Comment