Thursday, January 10, 2013

Cooky-Cook

On Christmas morning, Babe opened a huge gift from Santa. It was a super cute Melissa & Doug Kitchen set.  He immediately exclaimed "it cooky - cook". Yes, a cooking kitchen.  He was so excited.  Unfortunately is being so large, we had to ship it back to OK and not put it together. It arrived Tuesday night, therefore yesterday was the day to dive into it.

I rolled up my sleeve and began the moment we walked in the door from school. 

 2+ hours of this and I didn't even take a picture of the enormous mess the my kitchen was from Styrofoam and packaging.  ugh.  BIG THANK YOU to Buddy for helping M.E. clean up the entire mess and taking out the trash.
 The mess and labor was worth every second. Babe loves it! Completely and with great excitement; couldn't wait to cook.
 Yesterday at lunch I ran to the Dollar Tree and purchase some real kitchen utensils, pans, bowls, salt&pepper, spices, washclotes, etc.
 The food is also Melissa & Dough and its all wooden pieces that velcro together, so he can use his big wooden knife and actually cute the food apart.  Grampa and Nana got him the sandwich set and I manage to score a vegetable set at Michael's for 50% off.
It was so cool, LG had to play too. I'm proud of myself for making this happen for him.  And its going to be so cool to eat his pretend food.  Bring on the imagination!

No comments:

Post a Comment