Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Storm

We had an extremely powerful storm move through our area last night. The straight line winds hit our house about 11:45 PM and it was terrifying.  We lost power at 11:55 and are currently still with out. It has been a long time since I've experienced winds and such an intense storm as this one. 
It is estimated that over 85,000 people in Northeast Oklahoma are without power at this time.  There is wide spread damage of roofs blown off and lots of trees down. It is crazy.  We are safe and sound. 
Our local airport recorded a wind gust of 76 mph. The highest ever recorded at that location according to the Nation Weather Service.  
Praying we get electric soon, but in the meantime, I'm going to go scout for ice and save what I can from my frig and charcoal to cook with.  Deep freeze should be good for 48 hours.  I seriously hope we don't lose our meat, but at least our new cow hasn't arrived yet! Whew! 
I will keep you posted via my phone, which I'll be charging via the van. 

No comments:

Post a Comment