Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Project Life Weeks 16 & 17

Although its week 34 in real life, I like posting my past weeks here, but so I can record even further my likes, dislikes, designs, supplies, etc. 

Week 16: April 14 - 20 

We started off the week with our 11th wedding anniversary, although there's absolutely nothing in my album to document that.  Something I'll have to keep in mind for next year.  Baseball season keeps M.E. so busy and this was a super busy week for the kiddos - it has become just all about that.  I think I need to try to add more M.E. and the Man to the album too! 

Left side - This was also Babe's birthday week, so I included the paper crown he wore at school, the invitation for his friends to come to the aquarium and a snapshot of the kiddos outside the aquarium.  

We also had a soccer tournament, but without pictures, so I added the parking pass, to at least document we were there. 

LG lost his front tooth which was also a BIG deal!

Right side - Here we have more birthday pictures, the Oklahoma Land Run and then the big Hog Roast Picnic.  I don't know if you can see it but I edited the name of the boat the boys are in to say 4th Grade Rednecks, instead of Rednecks.  ha. I think that's funny!  


Studio Calico kit supplies: one 4x6 card (title card)
Ratio of photos taken by M.E. to photos taken by the fam :  M.E. 7, PreSchool Teachers 2 (Babe's birthday), School Friends 1 (M.E. with the boys at the Land Run) 
Ratio of photos taken by iPhone to big camera: 1 to 6.

Project Life is a memory keeping system developed by Becky Higgins. And its fabulous. 


Week: 17 April 21 - April 27 
So this week turned out to be all about Babe. We celebrated his 3rd birthday this week (although it was a week late) and then he burned his arm. 
Two things I love about this layout - 1) there's a bit of a color flow with all the blues and then the three pops of red on each side and the hints of yellow. I'm getting better at designing spreads even if the pictures are random. and 2) I love, love, love the large picture of Babe with his cake. While it may be blurry, its perfect to M.E. 


Left side - three pictures and its still a great layout.  I snapped a photo of the junk that had accumulated in the van.  This is real life for us and that's what happens during the spring, when I'm in the van as much as anywhere else. 

Right side - Babe!  I'm glad I do project life because it allows M.E. to document even the downs in life without having to do a whole scrapbook layout. Because most often, I don't want to make pages about sad things. But here, a couple of pictures, hospital bracelet, and lots of journaling allowed M.E. to document it all for Babe.  Because he will likely never remember it, but I will never forget. 

Studio Calico kit supplies: two 4x6 card (title card & calendar card), four 3x4 card (heart cutout on title card, random fact card, love you, and the recovery story card)
Ratio of photos taken by M.E. to photos taken by the fam :  M.E. 5, Babe 1 (Dad), the Man 1 (hospital)
Ratio of photos taken by iPhone to big camera: 2 to 5.

I love Project Life.  It so easy. Its designed to just be album, photo pockets, pictures, cards and pens. Done. I do like stickers, etc so I decorate. 

Project Life is a memory keeping system developed by Becky Higgins. And its fabulous. 


No comments:

Post a Comment