Thursday, October 24, 2013

Random Thoughts #12

I do not purposely neglect the blog. It just happens.  We have been really busy with lots of different things, that I can't keep track, not even to take pictures. And even though there's a thousand things on my mind, I still don't have time to write.

I loved having my family here from KY for 5 days and having my mom here an extra 5 days. Its truly wonderful and a blessing. It already seems like a month ago that they were here.

Mom being here allowed the Man and I to jaunt down to Dallas and take in a show (the National and Tame Impala, woohoo) and go on a much needed IKEA run.

I {heart} Ikea.


Hundreds of shopping carts at Ikea.  Cool pic. Thanks to the Man. 



















Confession - our purchases are still in their boxes.

They are not the only things still in their boxes. My Project Life Studio Calico kit for October has been basically untouched for over two weeks.  I can't believe I've allowed all those goodies to sit in the box.

My December Daily kit also arrived nearly two weeks ago and remains untouched.

My cute and awesome DD kit.  *swoon*




















Its a fabulous kit with lots of awesomeness, but I just don't have the time to devote to it, so until I do - it remains as is.

Which also leads to my project album being completely abandoned for over a month. Seriously depressing that its currently collecting dust. But I will return to it. Promise!!!

Work, School, Soccer, Scouts and 3 boys.  Fall is always like this, we have little free time on the weekends to actually do stuff.

I'm already on my third to-do list this week alone with things like: watch Buddy's science video for his energy efficiently project at school, go to the grocery, do laundry, called the allergist for LG, get Buddy a much needed haircut, prepare for scout den meeting, do laundry, get LG a soil sample for his science project, lead the scout den meeting, work late, do laundry, remember money for goblin grams at school, do laundry, turn in box tops due Friday, cook a homemade supper every night, etc.

Thanks to the Man for getting the soil sample from the compost moments before they left for school. 
















I did manage brunch yesterday with a dear friend.  I want to say 'yes' more to those types of things. People are important. Duh, right? But sometimes I have to remind myself.

Speaking of reminders, I signed up for "Daily Rock".
Wow, I love them. Nearly everyday, I receive an email that has a picture of a rock and a message painted on it.  Simple messages like, "Listen to Children", "Change = Pain", "Lower the Bar", "Be You" and so on.  She also writes a little explanation and they are just little nuggets of goodness for M.E.  sign-up here http://www.37days.com/daily-rock. 

LG and I are preparing for a weekend out at the Ranch for Cub Scouts on Saturday. It should be really fun, gonna focus on him!  And trying to stay warm, low temperature is suppose to be 42. BRRR!!

The weather has been like that 40 when we go to school and 70 when we get home. I love the chilly morning, but do not like getting up when its still dark, dark outside.  I'll be happy when the time changes.

Beautiful Oklahoma Sky




















I'm also planning the Halloween outfits.  LG and Buddy already have theirs pretty much lined out, but Babe's is still a vision in my head.  He choice all on his own the best character to be and bless him, he's been extremely patience about my making it. It was suppose to happen today, but I can already tell thats unlikely.

Off to do more laundry!










No comments:

Post a Comment