Saturday, June 13, 2009

VBS, Bass Pro and BBQ

Its been so nice sleeping in my bed that I nearly forgot to get up early and head to the church for our VBS (vacation Bible school) meeting and decoration. I'm really excited about being apart of this event and for Buddy and Little Guy to be a part of it too.
Little Guy hasn't had much social interaction since moving here, so we'll see how he does.
When I got home we all loaded up and headed for the Bass Pro Shop so Buddy could go get his first big boy rod and reel.
After much deliberating and looking the Man decided on an open faced reel. And I will admit, I was alittle apprehensive about it. Push Button reels to M.E. would be easy for Buddy to learn on, but I trust the Man so we got the open faced reel.

And as you can see, the Man had to get a new pole as well, and we couldn't leave Little Guy out. He got a Lightning McQueen pole that lights up. Too cute.
After our shopping adventure, we headed over to some friends for a cook-out. We had a really good time visiting and Buddy played their Wii for about 3 straight hours. He is once again on the kick to buy one. But the Man and I are sticking to our deal of -- we will only pay for half. We'll see how bad Buddy wants one and if he'll save his money and do extra chores. My guess is it'll be a long, long time before he gets one.

No comments:

Post a Comment