Wednesday, August 12, 2009

12 on 12

Another new blog feature today called 12 on 12!
I know many of you are regular readers and you may sometimes get alittle 'burnt out' on the goings-ons in our corner of OK, so I'm trying out these new features to shake things up abit, you know the first friday flashback and there will be more, stay tuned.
So today, I'm taking a photo every hour on the hour (or very near the hour) so you can see how M.E. and the boys spent our day.
We begin at 9AM with pancakes on the griddle.
I totally love my griddle, if you don't have one put in on your christmas list, because they are fabulous.
10AM finds us getting in the van for a day of errand running.11AM finds up at the doctor's office getting immunization records for school, only 6 more days.

Noon we are at the beauty shop getting the boys pretty for school. Now as I've stated before Little Guy is very particular about his hair and who cuts, i.e. he only lets Novice do it. So I wasn't sure if he would get up there and do it. So Buddy went first and while he was up there LG got in a reclining chair, (that he didn't know reclined) and wound up throwing his self in a rinse sink and busting his chin open. Did I mention this was an upscale place? Yes the girls or rather stylist wear all black and the place looks like a magazine and here LG is bleeding on M.E. So, I don't know if it was the fact that he got hurt or the fact that he's coming into his own age, but when Buddy was done, he said my turn. SHOCKER!

Look at that shaggy mop. Here's Buddy with his handsome cut.
The boys were very happy with their haircuts, so we had to take this group shot outside.
1PM finds us beginning our grocery shopping at 'the' Wal-Mart as the folks here in OK say it. The Man and I always crack up when we here locals say "the" wal-mart, like there is only one. Any how, here's the boys with their chosen treats for being such champs on a day in the van. You can totally see LG's band-aid and that's an apple pie he's eating.
We don't normally get this kiddie cart, but it was right there waiting when we came in, so of course, LG wanted to get in it. It was very difficult to navigate.
2PM we are still in Wal-Mart. ugh! But we tried to have fun and be silly while in the longest check out line ever. Why do they even put in 30 check out lines, if they are only ever going to open 2. I mean seriously, it makes zero sense. zero.
3PM finds us at home.... more pics coming. I'll try to update before bed so you can see the whole day... Thanks for reading.

[EDIT: obviously I didn't upload pics before bed, but here's the rest of the 12on12]
3PM finds us at home.. the boys showing off their new toys.

4PM find M.E. updating the blog with the previous pics.
5PM I've begun making supper. Buddy's request Lasagna. Cheesey mixture + Meat Sauce = yummy goodness.
6PM the yummy goodness comes out of the oven.
7PM, I forgot to take a pic, imagine that.

8PM finds the boys with the Man, whose playing on the computer. LG had just gotten out of the bath tub, hence the blanket.

Hope you enjoyed the 'a day in the life of us'. I think next month, it'll be just 12 random picutres of the day vs. the on the hour thing. That was hard to remember and when the boys go to school, I'm sure it'll be quite boring just seeing M.E. all day. Change can be good!

3 comments:

  1. Too cute Sarah! LOVE the hair cuts....miss you!

    Mrs. Angie A.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Benny looks just like me (the Man) in the pic where he is holding his mouth wide open giving the face.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are great Sarah. From another fellow Okie I hate it when people call it Wal Mark. It's like what happened to the t did it just drop off.

    ReplyDelete