Friday, August 21, 2009

Texture of Summer Challenge

For the record, I did not cry yesterday when dropping LG off at preschool. I could have. Easily. But I choked them back with some deep breathes and it wasn't so bad. It was almost anticlimactic. He had been there before and it wasn't brand new to him and he was only staying 3 hours. Friday we'll see how he does with an all day thing.

So I finally finished my scrapbook layout for the Dixie Pieces "Textures of Summer" challenge. You first probably think of the beach, sand, grass, those sorts of things, but after some brain storming and talking it over with the Man, I went with the textures of the garden. It is something that I can honestly say I've expected a lot of in the last 10 years. We had to use gray, baby blue and cranberry as our colors and there had to be doodling. So here's it is....

[the journaling reads: The Man had a really good time working in his 1st garden and I must say it was very successful. I can only imagine how big it will be next year!]

1 comment:

  1. LOVE this layout! So many fun details from your doodling to all the creative descriptions. Awesome job!!!

    ReplyDelete