Sunday, November 28, 2010

Decorating the Tree

We were greeters at church today and I really like doing this. Although the Man complains about M.E. signing us up for everything, he too enjoys it.  The boys do so well. It adorable to here LG say 'Good Mornin' to everyone who comes in.

After church a friend of Buddy's invited him over for the day, so we ran home and got his clothes changed and then I took him over there.  Back at home, I decided to take advantage of the Man being home and one Buddy being gone, and one Babe taking a nap and got out the tubs of decorations for the tree.  After all its been up for two days now, looking lonely.

I laid out all the ornaments.  It always amazes M.E. how many I have and I know exactly, who, what, when and where each one came from. 
This picture reminds M.E. of the boys, I Spy, books. Can you find the Teddy Bear?  that would be a cool project to do. Make my own I Spy book - like I need another project.

 LG would help M.E.
We found some cute reindeer head band in the tub and LG sported it all evening, didn't realize it was on backwards until I uploaded the pic. Oh well.  

I let the boys put on their own personal ornaments. Buddy has quite the collection.  He had made it back home by the time it was his turn. And I recently read a blog post at AliEdwards.com about a fabric ornament box her grandmother made her for all her ornaments growing up. I definitely will have to do this.
Our Tree.  
One of my favorite parts of the season is our Advent Wreath.  The boys love it and its so simple and a good reminder of the Reason for the Season.
I've still got to decorate the mantle and the Man needs to put up our lights, so more decorating to come.

Happy Decorating!

No comments:

Post a Comment